Five Tips to Advertise New Menu ItemsApril 4, 2013 No Comments
When there’s something new on the menu, it’s important to let customers know, and some savvy moves can help get the word out. Here are some top tips for highlighting new menu items.
- “Our cashiers will tell guests about any new items and we will have special signage for an introductory period of time.” – Vicki Jones, BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo, Baton Rouge, La.
- “We display photos of new items on large digital menu boards.” – Will Parks, Mystic Aquarium, Mystic, Conn.
- “We give a pamphlet at the front booth that says ‘come try our new item’ and then we offer samples inside, which really sells them.” – Naomi Edgecomb, Pueblo Zoo, Pueblo, Colo.
- “We put new items on our Facebook page.”- Andrew Stockel, Milwaukee County Zoo, Milwaukee, Wis.
- “I do a big display and take the item out during a high point in the restaurant or have someone go to the courtyard and let guests taste free samples.” – Don Morgan, Reid Park Zoo, Tucson, Ariz.